Mice Poison

Index

 

 

Mouse poison
Rodenticides are classified according to the their ingredients and the way in which they act upon their intended target. This may include the anti-coagulant poisons such as warfarin, which acts upon the targets blood clotting mechanism. Strychnine which acts upon the nervous system and produces symptoms such as incoordination, seizures, neck stiffness and cholecalciferol which can cause heart failure. It is recommended that you keep your cats, dogs and other pets you donít want to be effected away from any mouse poison or bait when it is laid down or stored. Cover the poison to stop larger animals accessing it.

Even if you are advised that pets such as cats will not be attracted to the poison, beware, as cats have very strange tastes and will consume the most unpalatable of substances. Also, keep pets away from any dead or dying rodents as they may also be inadvertently poisoned by consuming the dead or dying rodent.
Mouse poison works well as they play to what a mouse is searching for and that is food. There are generally two kinds of mouse poisons available, the first being quick-kill or single-dose poisons available either as water or food.

The second option is a slow-acting mouse poison that affects the mouse after about a week. Both kinds contain poisons including warfarin, diphacinone, pival, chlorophacinone, or fumarin. The majority of pest-control poison products are dyed green.

Quick-kill or single-dose poisons are the most popular as they are effective almost immediately. When ingested, they take anywhere from a few hours to two days to produce the desired result. Since they only contain about 2.5 grams of poison which is less than 1/100th of an ounce, the amount of poison lying around the house is rather small. While mouse poison isn't hazardous to humans or family pets in the small doses that it comes in, steps should still be taken to make sure family and pets do not ingest it. To help prevent human or family pets from ingesting poison, tamper-proof poisons in boxes can be used. Poison should also be placed out of reach of pets and children. When using single-dose poisons, setting out one box of poison is often not enough. The recommended amount of poison can range from two boxes to well up into double digits.

This can depend on the size of the infestation and the kind of poison being used. Each box of mouse poison should be placed at least six feet (1.8 meters) apart in areas the mice are seen or may be nesting. This will increase the chances that the mice will eat the bait.

Once the rodents feed on the poison, they normally get very thirsty as their blood vessels contract and spasm. Some mice may attempt to search for water by going outside, but this is not always the case. The mice may return to their nest to die, or, depending on how long until the poison takes effect, they may die in inconvenient places around the house.
If the mouse dies in an accommodating place, the mouse should be disposed of immediately. If the mouse dies where you cannot get to it, it will produce a foul odour. The smell will eventually go away on itís own, but to make the smell tolerable in the meantime, fragrant, household deodorizer can be used. After a few weeks, the mice will have been taken care of and the bait, no longer needed. The poison should then be disposed of by throwing it in the garbage.

A mouse can be annoying where mice can be a bigger problem! Getting rid of mice can be done in many ways such as the use of traps that kill or catch and poisons. Controlling mice in and around your home must be taken seriously as they can introduce illnesses to your family as well as transfer fleas to pets.

 

Quantcast

  • Mice will normally sleep for over 12 hours a day.
  • Mice eat, or at least chew anything that is softer than their teeth.
  • Mice are very neat as they will sleep, eat and defecate in different places.
  • Mice do not like rats as rats are known to prey on mice however in the wild they do live together.
  • Mice can jump straight up to about 18 inches and are also very good climbers and swimmers.
  • A male mouse is called a buck.
  • A female mouse is called a doe.
  • The offspring of mice are called pups or kitten.
  • A group of mice are called a family, horde or a nest.
  • A wild mouse will live no longer than 1 year.
  • A pet mouse may live for between 2 and 3 years.
  • A mouseís tail is almost as long as its body.
  • Mice do not see in colour.
  • Mice are nocturnal creatures.
  • Mice can and will chew through anything softer than their teeth.
  • Mice cause more than 1 billion dollarsí worth of damage in the US alone each year.

Pest - Trap - Rats - Kill - Mouse Control - Poison - Pest - Poison for Mouse - Kill - Trap - Pest - Eat - Trap - Rid - House - Kill - Pest - Field - Trap - Mouse - Pictures - Pest - Kill - Dead - Trap - Mouse Traps - Catch - Pest - Poison - Mice - Kill - Baby Mouse - Knockout - Trap - Age - Kill - Pest - Repellent - Live - Pet - Droppings - Trap - Cage - Kill - White - Feces - Trap - Pest - Mouse - Rats - Kill - Poison - Mouse - Mice - Trap - Mouse Control - Pest - Poison - Trap - Kill - Poison for Mouse - Eat - Poison - Mice - Trap - Pest - Kill - Rid - House - Field - Pest - Mouse - Trap - Pictures - Kill - Poison - Mouse - Mice - Dead - Mouse Traps - Pest - Catch - Trap - Baby - Kill - Mouse - Knockout - Trap - Pest - Age - Kill - Repellent - Live - Pet - Pest - Trap - Kill - Droppings - Cage - White - Feces - Trap - Kill - Pest - Poison - Mice -
© 2015
Cookie Policy By James Jones Privacy Statement